Monday, June 11, 2012

Was it rigged?

I like many other americans didn't get around to paying for pay per view to watch the Pacquiao/Bradley fight this weekend. But all everyone heard about after the fight from all the commentators that were there was that they thought it was the worst scored fight in history, almost as if to say it was rigged. Quite a few of them spoke very poorly of the officiating committee, hinting around to the pissibility of the scorekeepers being paid off.

I have to watch the fight for myself when they show the replay on hbo, but I have to say that I don't necessarily disagree with what the commentators said in regards to the game being rigged. I don't blame the fighters 1 bit..... but I do think at times the scorekeeper's have their own personal favorites. Not to mention if someone was to throw a large lump sum of money your way you may see things a little bit different.... in a nutshell, the way they want you to see things.

Another think I noticed about the commentating after the fight was the fact that for some odd reason the commentators after the fight and before always seem to praise white fighters, mexican fighters, filipino fighters.....but very seldom do they speak highly of all african american fighter in the same manner. Its like they always seem to find something wrong with them.

They actually made it seem like a dirty fight because of how the scorekeeper's scored it. I didn't hear of any cheap shots being taken by either fighter what so ever. Looking at stats after the fight, I can totally see why they thought Pacman should've won the fight. But it wasn't Bradley's fault the reason why the score keepers saw things differently.

I don't even want to start talking about how they treat Mayweather. A guy shows a little confidence and flare when they step in the ring and everybody wants his head on a platter. They want Mayweather to lose so bad it's ridiculous, when I think the bottom line is Mayweather beat one of their favorite fighters and made it look easy.

So will we get to see around 2 between Pacquiao and Bradley? My guess is sooner than you think. But until then stop hating on Bradley like he fought a dirty fight and give him praise for fighting hard to the end with 1 of the best in the league. Got a comment? Speak on it.........


No comments:

Post a Comment